Friday, December 4, 2009

Flying Monkey - Jared Needle

It’s been a long time since I contributed an original design to Origami Weekly. And it’s been even longer since we did a crease pattern. This week we have my brand new Flying Monkey CP. I designed this monkey as part of an informal challenge between Jon Tucker, Andrew Hudson, Michael Secrist and me. I’ve been working on it for over a month, and am happy to announce it is finished!

Flying Monkey CP - Jared Needle.

The version above was folded my me. 17 cm wingspan from a 35 cm square of black double MC tissue paper.

3 comments:

  1. I like this flying monkey so much!! Mr. Jared, it is very good to see the increasing of your origami skills!! Do you know that there are many pictures of your works in the present Tanteidan issue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see a PCP or even some diagrams of your Usagigami too! I'm in love with that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anderson! Yeah, I saw that. Pretty sweet. I guess talking to Yamaguchi does have its benefits. : )

    Sorry ebilvampyre, I don't do drugs. If I were to diagram that Usagigami it would be by far my most complex diagram so far, likely doubling the step count of my bear (I estimate at least 150 steps). We'll see though. It does have a linear, diagrammable folding sequence though--just long.

    --Jared

    ReplyDelete