Monday, April 20, 2009

Cassowary - Sebastian Arellano

This week we have Sebastian Arellano's Cassowary.

When I first received these diagrams, I have to admit I was slightly disappointed reading through the folding sequence on page 2... until I saw where it was going! There is a very cool trick used to give the body its volume and shape.  In fact, page 3 is just filled with great stuff!  And how often do you see an origami Cassowary!

Cassowary - Sebastian Arellano

The version in the photo above was folded by Sebastian himself. I folded one too, but I don't have any black paper ready, and white/yellow origami paper just could not do this giant wingless bird justice.

Enjoy!

And as always, we'd love to see your photos! Also, remember to return for next week's installment of Origami Weekly!

--Jared

1 comment:

  1. Wow, there are some pretty great colour changes there! Keep up the good work ,guys!

    ReplyDelete