Monday, March 16, 2009

Stars and Wheels, Andrew Hudson

Welcome back to week 11! I saw that we haven't posted a geometric model in a few weeks, so here's a diagram I've been working on for awhile. As far as I know, this is the first full diagram of the decreeping process, which I've worked with a lot through variations on Chris Palmer's Flower Tower. It's tricky, so hold tight and don't get too frustrated!

So here are the diagrams:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/232756/decreep.pdf

As usual, we'd love to see your interpretation of our diagrams. Please post pictures, or send them to us!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice model ! And I like the diagram too, which software did you use ? (Inkscape?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, this looks awesome. I'll fold one of these as soon as I have some time on my hands. Good job, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both!

    Jean-baptiste, I use Inkscape for all my diagrams. It's a great program!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, I also loved your diagram, it beats the two I have done (Inkscape too). Should learn to do them better ;) I have folded it (you can see it in my blog http://berenguel.blogspot.com/2009/05/stars-and-wheels-andrew-hudson.html) although I should have used a bigger sheet of paper. Thanks for the diagrams, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great model. What paper did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I loved this model and would love to fold it, but the link is broken, can you please send me the diagram? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete